- How we collect your information
We may ask for your information when you request/purchase any of our products and services. You have the right to refuse your personal data however it may mean we are not able to fulfil your requirements depending on the service you request.
- We may collect from our website, over the telephone, in person, or when you engage with us in social media.
- Type of information we will collect includes name, address, email address, telephone numbers, payment details or other relevant information required for us to complete your order i.e. property access instructions for your installation or deliveries.
- When you visit our premises we have a CCTV operated system in place for our staff and your security. This may record your image.
Please note your payment processing information will never be requested via our website or electronically/email over the internet. It should not be sent this way due to possible security issues.
Unfortunately sending and receiving of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data when sent to or from you via our website, social media or email, all transmissions are entirely at your own risk.
- What we do with your information
We will only collect and use your information for the amount of time which is necessary. We may keep your information for a reasonable period for these purposes, the duration records are kept will depend on the type of service we provide. We use in the following ways;
- To provide you with our products, services, administration, record keeping, compliance, processing payment transactions and aftercare customer services.
- We may keep your information for up to a maximum of 8 years on completed orders for accounting and record keeping compliance. Quotations will be kept for up to 2 years, exceptions to this rule are commercial quotations as these are often required for longer if ongoing works or in order to refer back to any queries.
- We may need to share your information in order to fulfil our customer service obligations to you i.e. passing to a supplier in respect of a product issue.
- We may need to store your information; this may be paper based or electronic systems.
We are committed to ensuring your data privacy and have put in place suitable systems to safeguard and secure the information collected.
- Whom we share your information
We will not sell any personal data provided to us to any other party.
We will on occasion need to pass relevant information to third-parties in order to provide and fulfil our commitments to you and if required/ requested by regulators or for lawful reasons. These may include:
- Staff, agents, suppliers, law enforcement, central government, financial organisations, business associates, service providers, debt collection and tracing agencies.
- On occasion and only if requested by you we can share information with family, associates and representatives of the person whose data we are processing for legitimate reasons.
We will need our staff to have access to your information however only for a legitimate reason or purpose and in order to carry out our commitment/duties to you i.e. measuring, providing quotes, payment transactions and installations.
In general third-parties used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information in order to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
During the course of normal business there may be a need for Burley Road Carpets Ltd or other organisations associated to this business e.g. payment card processing or IT storage companies to transfer data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) where those countries do not typically have the same protections and safeguards in place for the protection of personal data to those counties within the EEA.
Burley Road Carpets Ltd may deal with international corporations where data is likely to be transferred in this way. We will endeavour to put in practice safeguards and suitable checks which place consideration prior to any international transfer to a non EEA country is undertaken to protect the security of the personal data.
Links to other websites/third party sites
Our website does contain links to other websites that may be relevant or of interest to you however once you leave our site we do not have any control over that website and as such we cannot be responsible for your protection or privacy. We would advise you refer to their own individual privacy policies for their terms and conditions.
You have the right to request access to your personal data.
- You may request your personal information we hold by contacting us via email email@example.com or write to us addressed to the Data Controller at Burley Road Carpets Ltd 325-327 Burley Road, Leeds, LS4 2BP We will forward relevant forms for you to complete and we will require proof of identity in the form of a photo ID valid driving license or passport and a recent utility bill.
- You have the right to ask us to correct any inaccuracies in your data. If you wish to exercise this right please put your request in writing to the above along with details to identify you and specify the information that is incorrect.
- You have the right to request deletion of your personal data. Please be advised we are only able to delete information that is not required for us to keep for lawful/accounting purposes.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint if you feel we have not dealt with your personal data or request information correctly by contacting the regulator, ICO (Information Commissioners Office) by email www.ico.org.uk or by telephone on 0303 123 1113.